By entering to win the Gift Certificate Program, I agree to the following terms and conditions:
1. How to Enter. You may enter once per calendar year (provided you have not won the Prize in that calendar year) in any of the following ways: (1) online by visiting the Down Syndrome Association of Miami ("DSAOM") website at www.dsaom.org and completing the online entry form by providing your name, complete address, phone number, valid e-mail address and the name of the person to receive services, or (2) by legibly hand printing your name, complete address, phone number, valid e-mail address and the name of the person to receive services either on a postcard or on a piece of paper no larger than 81/2 by 11 inches no more than once per month and mailing that card or paper to: P.O. Box 43-0895, South Miami, FL 33243-0895.
2. Prizes. Four (4) monthly winners will receive the following "Prize": a gift certificate in the amount of $300.00 to be used toward physical, occupational or speech therapy, tutoring, or educational support (collectively referred to as "Services") to be provided to a person with Down syndrome and to be paid directly to the provider of Services selected by the winner from the DSAOMÕs List of Approved Providers, which can be found at the DSAOM website, www.dsaom.org.
All costs, taxes, fees, and expenses associated with any element of any prize not specifically addressed above are the sole responsibility of the respective winner. All federal, state and local taxes on prizes are the respective winnerÕs responsibility. It is the sole responsibility of the winner of the prize to select the Services he or she wishes to receive from the List of Approved Providers, in order to receive the prize. The prize cannot be transferred, substituted or redeemed for cash, except at the DSAOM Board of DirectorsÕ sole discretion. The DSAOM reserves the right to substitute a prize, or portions thereof, with a prize of equal or greater value. All prizes will be awarded.
3. Approved Providers. The Gift Certificate proceeds shall be paid directly to the provider that the winner has selected from the DSAOMÕs List of Approved Providers. No funds will be paid directly to any winner of the Gift Certificate Program. The DSAOM does not receive any compensation from any of the providers on the List of Approved Providers, nor does the DSAOM endorse or recommend any of the providers on the List of Approved Providers. Should the winner wish to select a provider that is not found on the approved List of Providers, the winner may submit the name, business name, address, telephone number and email address of its preferred provider to the DSAOM Board of Directors for review and approval. Approval by the DSAOM is contingent on the provider being one that provides Services. The DSAOM will notify the winner of the Prize within ten (10) business days, as to whether the winnerÕs proposed provider has been approved.
4. Eligibility. Any resident of Miami-Dade County who has Down syndrome and/or is the parent or legal guardian of a person with Down syndrome may enter the Gift Certificate Program; however, the proceeds of the Gift Certificate Program shall only be used to provide services to a person diagnosed with Down syndrome. The person who is the intended beneficiary of the services shall not be eligible to win the Prize more than once per calendar year. The DSAOM reserves the right to request a written diagnosis from a licensed physician indicating that the person to receive Services has been diagnosed with Down syndrome. Further, should the proceeds of the Gift Certificate Program be used for any purpose other than providing services to a person diagnosed with Down syndrome, the DSAOM has the right to rescind any and all Prizes given in connection with the Gift Certificate Program for that person.
5. Drawings and Notification. The winners of the Prize will be selected in a random monthly drawing from among all eligible entries on or about the first Monday of the month following the entry period by an independent and disinterested party. The winner of the monthly Prize will be contacted in person either by telephone or by e-mail within fifteen (15) days of the drawing. The names of the monthly Prize winners will be posted on the DSAOM website, www.dsaom.org and you will be notified by email (assuming a valid email address was provided) if you are the winner of a monthly prize. Decisions with respect to the winners and other matters pertaining to the Gift Certificate Program shall be final. Winners will be required to sign a release of liability and return same, properly executed, within ten (10) days of issuance of prize notification. Additionally, winners may be required to present a written diagnosis from a licensed physician indicating that the intended beneficiary of Services has been diagnosed with Down syndrome.
If DSAOM is unable to contact a potential prize winner and/or if the potential prize winner fails to complete and return all forms by the specified date and/or if potential prize winner fails to comply with any of the requirements, or if any prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, an alternate winner(s) shall be selected.
Entry materials that have been tampered with or altered are void and any party suspected of tampering with or altering the results of the Gift Certificate Program shall be made ineligible at the DSAOM Board of DirectorsÕ sole discretion.
Should the Gift Certificate Program be terminated prior to the stated expiration date, notice will be posted on the DSAOM website.
6. Release of Liability. In registering for the Gift Certificate Program, each registrant, whether registering individually or on behalf of a dependent with Down syndrome, hereby acknowledges that Down Syndrome Association of Miami ("DSAOM") is a registered 501(c)(3) non-profit corporation and that the Gift Certificate Program is a community supported and non-commercial activity and, in addition, individually and on behalf of all dependents and/or children with Down syndrome does hereby waive, release and forever discharge the DSAOM, its officers, directors, attorneys, organizers, volunteers, affiliates, sponsors and/or agents, from any claim, suit, or liability and further agrees to hold DSAOM harmless against any claim, suit, or liability, arising out of or relating to any accident, injury, property damage, or any other loss or damage whatsoever, with respect to or in any way arising from participation in this Gift Certificate Program and/or acceptance or use of the Prize and any related travel and/or activities, including liability for personal injury, death, damages, or loss. In addition, the DSAOM and its respective officers, directors, attorneys, organizers, volunteers, affiliates, sponsors and/or agents are not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate entry information, human error, technical malfunctions, theft, tampering, destruction, unauthorized access to or alteration of entries.